Sustainability Manager - FMCG/Food Packaging
- Global leader; prestigious offices in the northern Sydney area
- Sustainability experience within FOOD/FMCG PACKAGING essential
- Experienced in development of cost effective, innovative packaging solutions
Our client, a global packaging leader trusted by major multinational clients, is looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager with packaging experience, to join its team in the northern Sydney area.
Reporting to the Global Sustainability Director, you will be responsible for:
- Using your sustainability expertise to develop and implement world-leading environmentally-conscious packaging solutions
- Providing technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability
- Driving improvements in sustainability performance
You will be instrumental in the positioning of our client as an international standard bearer for sustainable packaging, and your mastery of current environmental sustainability trends, technologies and legislation will contribute to a world-class knowledge base.
You will be highly technical, but also capable of building strong relationships at all levels and serving as a trusted advisor to clients seeking guidance in adopting sustainable practices. Your forward-thinking approach and understanding of packaging manufacture and printing processes will see you deliver cutting-edge solutions in line with our client’s global packaging and recycling strategy.
You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification and have least 5 years’ experience compatible with this role. FMCG/food packaging experience is essential.
You will be working from prestigious offices with a global organisation that has been recognised on multiple occasions as an employer of choice. Some travel will be required.
Your CV must demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role – FMCG/food packaging experience is essential
- Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues
- Expert understanding of current sustainability trends, technologies and legislation
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of printing and manufacturing processes for packaging
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong relationship building skills
- Project management skills and a high level of organisation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to motivate yourself and your team and work with minimal supervision
You will be rewarded with a key role in a progressive global organisation with an excellent name in the market. You will have the opportunity to innovate, inspire and share your knowledge in a supportive environment. Remuneration is competitive with bonus on offer; onsite parking available.
If this sounds like the job for you, please don't hesitate to forward your application in WORD format, together with a one-page Cover Letter detailing your experience in connection with this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding your expression of interest please don't hesitate to contact Wendy De Audney, Managing Director, CityWide Talent on 0410 347 185.
You can rest assured that your personal information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
CityWide Talent values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.